Winnipeg Lost Dog Alert has two events held on the same day at the same location this year. Check out our Sneakers & Paws 5K & 2.5K Fun Run / Walk Event and our Awareness Event.
WINNIPEG IS GOING TO THE DOGS!!!
Join us again this year at Winnipeg Lost Dog Alert’s Awareness Event!!
Held on Saturday, May 27, 2017 at the St. Norbert Community Centre from 11am to 3pm.
Admission fee will be $2.00
You’ll find anything and everything to do with dogs: daycare centers, groomers, food, toys, blankets, beds, clothing, and so much more!!!
Come out and support Winnipeg’s local dog rescues, and see what dogs are up for adoption.
- In our Training Circle, our On-Site private training consultations will be from 11am to 1:15pm and again from 2pm to 3pm. The training circle will be first come, first served. We will have two trainers available at a time. The fee will be a donation but request it be no less than $2.00, so have your questions ready!
- Doggie Fashion Show is from 1:30pm to 2:00pm with Mandy Shew from 103.1 Virgin Radio MCing.
The following will be parked outside:
- We are so excited to announce the following Certified Professional Dog Trainers available for some one on one questions in our Training Circle.
– Certified Professional Dog Trainer (CPDT-KA)
– Member of Pet Professional Guild, an association promoting “No Pain, No Force, No Fear” in dog training and sits on their cat comittee
– Manager of the behavior department at Winnipeg Humane Society
– Helped people train their dogs for over 10 years teaching group classes
– Trained own dogs to participate in various dog activities: canicross, kicksledding, and pet therapy programs
– Certified Professional Dog Trainer (CPDT-KA) who believes strongly in continuing education.
– Owner of Kitz & Canine and currently teaches puppy, life skills and nosework classes for Paws Dog Solutions
– Proud member of the Pet Professional Guild and believes in a force free and fear free training philosophy.
– Part time Behaviour Counselor and class instructor, at the Winnipeg Humane Society.
– Aids clients in forming a lasting relationship with their dogs, based on mutual trust and understanding.
Cindy shares her home with her husband and their two dogs, Shadie and Sawyer.
– Certified Professional Dog Trainer (CPDT-KA) since 2007
– Graduate of Jean Donaldson’s Academy for Dog Trainers in 2005.
– Member of The Association of Pet Dog Trainers (APDT)
– Volunteer Behaviour Assistant at the Winnipeg Humane Society.
– Helped people train their dogs for over 12 years teaching classes at the WHS.
– Trained own dogs to participate in various sports such as tracking, obedience, and agility.
Stay tuned as more trainer news to come soon and get ready to bring those questions!!!
Our Annual Sneakers and Paws Fun Run/Walk will also be held on the same day. Start time is 11:30 am. Sign up for either the 5k or 2.5k. There will be medals and treats for everyone (doggies included;)
You don’t want to miss out on all the fun and activities! Bring the children and dogs and support Winnipeg Lost Dog Alert and the families and dogs we help!
To go to our Facebook Event page to see who is coming, volunteer your help or to let everyone know you will be attending, click on this link https://www.facebook.com/events/1669625089731263/
Hope to see you there!!