As of 2017, Winnipeg Lost Dog Alert Inc. (WLDA) became a Registered Charity. What does this mean to us? It means that when you donate $5 or more to WLDA, we now get to give back to you by issuing a tax receipt for your donation.
Other than the odd fundraisers we put on, donations are an important part of our organizaiton. They are used to purchase equipment such as trail cameras, traps, microchip scanners, batteries and memory cards. They are also put towards the cost of events we are invited to plus our own events, production of awareness materials for distribution at events as well as operational expenses including insurance, postage and website expenses, etc.
We have a Go Fund Me campaign going on right now to raise money for a new humane trap. We have a couple of traps but we do not have an extra large trap for the bigger dogs. We have come across a couple of cases where the dogs would not go in our trap because the trap was too small. In order for us to get the bigger dogs to safety and back home with their family, we need this trap.
To check out our campaign and donate, please click here.
Details of the trap.
The 72HD is the largest production trap available. It has been proven effective for relocating alligators, mountain lions, and other large animals.
- Quality built to last, no sticky hinges or springs
- Rear release door
- Unique patent door design, enables full length trap utilization
- Positive-catch door lock a unique self-locking design
- Automatic door release activated when trap is placed in an upside-down position
- The trap employs variable trigger setting mechanism
- Frame and Wire: 1/4″ and 5/16″ steel wire frame with 12 gauge 1″ x 2″ Wire Mesh
- Powder coated for durability and long lasting performance
- Made in U.S.A.
- 5-year guarantee against animal damage.
|Dimensions: Length: 72 Inches Width: 22 Inches Height: 28 Inches
Weight: 59 pounds
Recommended Animals: Very Large Dogs, Other large animals both domestic and wild
Every $5 donated gets us closer to purchasing this trap and getting these bigger dogs to safety. Please find it in your heart to help us help these lost dogs. Remember that you will get a tax receipt for your donation of $5 or more.